DALLAS CHILD CUSTODY ATTORNEY
DIVORCE & FAMILY LAW
Several decades of experience have prepared Fuller & Eason for the successful representation of families during divorce. Restructuring a family involves significant change, and our divorce lawyers, Steven Eason and Roger Fuller, do their best to make the transition as stress-free as possible.
Texas recognizes two types of divorce:
- Agreed DivorceIn an agreed divorce, both spouses have settled on terms for child custody, child support, alimony, property division and debt assignment. Even if couples resolve their differences on their own, having a divorce lawyer handle the necessary documentation, filing and other legal aspects of the divorce helps ensure that each step of the process is legally sound. The fact is that most cases can be resolved without resorting to litigation. Couples often reach agreements on at least some aspects of their divorce.
- Contested DivorceWhen issues cannot be resolved through negotiation or some type of alternative dispute resolution (mediation or collaborative law), then litigation becomes necessary. Contested divorce is the term used to describe this type of divorce.If all issues are resolved except a few, the remaining issues are litigated in court.
Our attorneys have assisted countless families with divorce both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Texas courts determine child custody based on the best interests of the children. In Texas, parents generally share custody, called a joint conservatorship. Both parents have certain rights and duties regarding their children’s education, religious upbringing, health care and socialization. However, even in joint custody, a primary parent is designated, which is the parent with whom the child lives most of the time. The other parent has visitation rights according to a parenting plan based on the Standard Possession Schedule in the Texas Family Code.
A child custody lawyer can explain your rights and options and help you understand custody guidelines outlined by the Texas Family Code.
Our firm also helps clients address the following family law issues:
- child support and support modification
- child last-name change
- enforcement of court orders
- Child Protective Services matters
Our Dallas law firm offers a free consultation to discuss your family concerns and welcomes the opportunity to provide you with trusted legal help. Find out how you can benefit from our legal representation. Call 214-380-4001 or contact Fuller & Eason today.
Fuller & Eason serves clients in Carrollton, Garland, Irving, Mesquite, Plano and Richardson and in nearby Texas communities.